We’ve all been there: kicking ourselves because we can't remember someone's name or an "important" date like a friend's birthday or anniversary. You might be pleasantly surprised to learn that forgetting isn't so bad. 😮
The reality is that it’s just not possible for most of us to remember every specific detail of every single day. There are actually some reasons why it's good to forget things from time to time. 🤷
Consider these points regarding adapting a new philosophy on forgetting:
1. Your brain isn't "made" to remember everything. According to some memory experts, the human brain has evolved to remember events related to your five senses: taste,😋 touch,👌 smell,👃 hearing,🦻 and vision. 👓
In other words, if you experienced something while tasting a fine vintage wine for the first time, you'll likely remember the experience.
When you saw the images of John Lennon's death or Princess 👸Diana's wedding on television, you can likely remember where you were and whom you were with. Images, emotions, and experiences are all important when it comes to remembering.
2. Dates and faces will likely be forgotten. You'll likely only remember things that have relation to one of your five senses and that have special meaning to you.
3. Forgetting helps clear your brain. Sometimes, it's necessary to forget simply to make some room in your brain. Imagine that your memory is like a giant file cabinet. When you have too much "stuff" filed in there, it's much more difficult to find the files you need to reference.
You have a lot of memory and information "files" to sift through.
When you forget, it's like taking some of the old, unnecessary files from the cabinet and putting them through the shredder. Then there's less info to sort through the next time.
4. Some individuals do remember everything. However, remembering everything isn't all it's cracked up to be. Some people have super autobiographical or photographic memories. These individuals can remember details of everything that's ever happened to them specifically by day and date. Their memory is like a giant calendar where no event is omitted.
However, some of these people admit this is not a good thing because, in addition to the positive, they also remember every detail of all negative situations they've been through.
Many acknowledge that it's quite uncomfortable to never forget when a partner wronged them. Or what it's like reliving every moment of a past trauma or feeling the emotions associated with the death of a loved one from years ago.
5. Forgetting helps you move on. As difficult as it might be, you can give yourself permission to forget about lost love. 💖 If you don't, it's very difficult to move on.
Let go of those feelings and memories of your former love and make a true effort to forget.
You are strong and ready to move into the future looking to find another loving, caring partner.
6. We forget minutiae every day. If you were able to store every single experience in your memory, your mind would become bombarded with some pretty unimportant stuff. It's certainly not necessary to remember every piddling thing that happened the last 24 hours. ⌛
Does it really matter what you ate for breakfast🥓 this morning or what you wore to work 👷yesterday?
When you accept the fact that your memory is fallible, you'll be a much happier person. Give yourself permission to forget that which is unnecessary to remember. Acknowledge that forgetting something is okay. In the meantime, use your smartphone📱 apps to take notes📝 or voice recordings➿ of the memories you want to remember.🎗️
📝About Natural Living by Design
Natural Living by Design Owners 🌱 Supplier🏬 Health & Wellness🍎
Entrepreneurs💻 Leaders📚 Motivational Speakers👩🏽🏫
LaKeisha LaGrande Barbara Woodard Alice Smith
📖Our Story: Living Life Naturally by Design🌱
How many people do you know that have shared a story of health challenges that has changed their quality of life? Well, our family has truly had their share of health challenges, from being active and healthy to bedridden and prescribed a lot of medications. We knew this was not a natural way of living; as a result, we became passionate about using natural products and Natural Living by Design II, was born.
Using natural products on our body and restoring health naturally is our passion and why Natural Living by Design provides quality products that work.
Natural Living by Design II was established in 2019, to help people maintain a healthy, happy lifestyle naturally by providing natural and healthy products that are innovative and will improve one's journey to optimum health.
WHO WE ARE?
Natural Living by Design is a certified minority female family-owned provider of natural and holistic solutions for maintaining optimal health and wellness. Our company offers a range of carefully selected, high-quality supplements and herbs that are designed to support various aspects of health, such as digestive health, immune system function, energy levels, and more. With a commitment to using only the finest natural ingredients and following strict manufacturing standards, our company is dedicated to helping people achieve and maintain their best possible health, naturally. Whether you're looking to support a specific health need or simply want to adopt a healthier lifestyle, this company provides effective, safe, and natural solutions to help you achieve your goals.
Our mission is twofold:
1) We are committed to providing our customers with great customer service, on time deliveries, the BEST innovative quality natural products that are proven to be a safe alternative and complementary solution to helping people get in the best optimum health possible naturally.
2) We plan to open a factory and create jobs in the city of Detroit. Detroit is one of the cities that lead the nation in poverty, crime, murder, gun violence, and recidivism. We are confident that our quality products will be the catalyst to providing great job opportunities with good wages to the citizens of Detroit so that they can take care of their families with pride and dignity.