When someone is diagnosed with a chronic illness, they usually goes through an adjustment period. 🤷
During that time, there may be many different emotions as the person with the illness and the family adapt to the new reality. 😤
People often go through stages similar to the grieving process. The initial stage of shock and denial can take longer for some to resolve than others. 😔
Family members also go through these stages, but may not adapt as quickly. This may show up as thinking 🤔the person with the illness is faking or exaggerating symptoms.
The stages of adaptation are:
‣ Denial – shock, numbness, unreality of the situation
‣ Anger 😡– angry at God, the doctors, insurance companies, the system
‣ Bargaining – seeking second opinions, miracle cures, mistaken diagnosis
‣ Depression – mourning for the person you once were or hoped to be
‣ Adaptation – learning to live with the new normal
✓ Invite family members to talk with your doctor or accompany you to an appointment – this may help them to accept the reality of the illness.
✓ Many organizations and medical practices offer literature and programs for people who are newly diagnosed and their families. Take advantage of these programs and related support groups.
✓ There may be stressful and cumbersome paperwork to complete for insurance and other purposes. Ask your medical provider for assistance with this or request a referral to someone in the community who can assist you, i.e. care managers.
✓ Care managers are often available through national or local associations or service organizations – For example: National MS Society or American Cancer Society. National organizations usually have state or regional chapters/offices that serve a specific area.
These organizations also offer educational opportunities, information and referral, programs and services for the person with the illness, family members and caregivers.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray Constantly."
P.U.S.H. (Pray Until Something Happens)
📝About Natural Living by Design
Natural Living by Design Owners 🌱 Supplier🏬 Health & Wellness🍎
Entrepreneurs💻 Leaders📚 Motivational Speakers👩🏽🏫
LaKeisha LaGrande Barbara Woodard Alice Smith
📖Our Story: Living Life Naturally by Design🌱
How many people do you know that have shared a story of health challenges that has changed their quality of life? Well, our family has truly had their share of health challenges, from being active and healthy to bedridden and prescribed a lot of medications. We knew this was not a natural way of living; as a result, we became passionate about using natural products and Natural Living by Design II, was born.
Using natural products on our body and restoring health naturally is our passion and why Natural Living by Design provides quality products that work.
Natural Living by Design II was established in 2019, to help people maintain a healthy, happy lifestyle naturally by providing natural and healthy products that are innovative and will improve one's journey to optimum health.
WHO WE ARE?
We are a certified minority female family-owned provider of natural and holistic solutions for maintaining optimal health and wellness. Our company offers a range of carefully selected, high-quality supplements and herbs that are designed to support various aspects of health, such as digestive health, immune system function, energy levels, and more. With a commitment to using only the finest natural ingredients and following strict manufacturing standards, our company is dedicated to helping people achieve and maintain their best possible health, naturally. Whether you're looking to support a specific health need or simply want to adopt a healthier lifestyle, this company provides effective, safe, and natural solutions to help you achieve your goals.
Our mission is twofold:
1) We are committed to providing our customers with great customer service, on time deliveries, the BEST innovative quality natural products that are proven to be a safe alternative and complementary solution to helping people get in the best optimum health possible naturally.
2) We plan to open a factory and create jobs in the city of Detroit. Detroit is one of the cities that lead the nation in poverty, crime, murder, gun violence, and recidivism. We are confident that our quality products will be the catalyst to providing great job opportunities with good wages to the citizens of Detroit so that they can take care of their families with pride and dignity.