You know you should eat more green vegetables, but you may be tired of adding them to a salad each day. However, there are other options to use these healthy veggies while you cook or bake. 😋
Consider these ways to include more green vegetables 🥦 in your meals:
1. Vegetable pasta. There are two different techniques to use vegetables in a pasta dish:
Cook regular pasta and simply add healthy vegetables to it. The most popular options include tomatoes,🍅 peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, and kale. You can use raw veggies or steam them. Another option is to sauté them in healthy oils.
Make your pasta noodles out of vegetables. A spiralizer can help you make thin strips out of zucchini or eggplant. You can also use this technique to make noodles out of sweet potatoes or carrots. Another option if you don’t have a spiralizer is to cut thin slices or strips with a knife.
2. Soups, sauces, and dressings. Soups, sauces, and dressings can be used to hide healthy vegetables. This is a useful method for picky eaters or children who refuse to eat whole or raw veggies.🥕You’ll need a blender or mixer to puree the veggies to hide them in sauces.
Consider the types of vegetables you can puree: tomatoes, squash, carrots, onions, potatoes,🥔 turnips, parsnips, broccoli, cauliflower, and others.
3. Meatballs🧆. You can hide vegetables inside meatballs, too! Whether you stick to a completely vegetarian recipe or use meat, you can add green, 🥬healthy vegetables to meatballs.
The key is to add them to the mix before cooking. You can puree the veggies, so they’re easier to mix. Once they’re cooked, it’s usually impossible to see or taste the veggies.
4. Vegetables as wraps and sandwich bases. If you’re trying to reduce carbohydrates or are simply tired of eating bread, you can switch to green vegetables as your base.
Use lettuce as a wrap for a different take on a burrito or taco.
Another option is to use a thick leaf of lettuce or kale instead of bread for a sandwich. You can stack your tomatoes, cheese,🧀 meat, and other items on top.
5. Casseroles. Most casseroles tend to be bland concoctions of leftover rice,🍚 noodles, tuna, or other bits that haven’t been eaten. If your family dreads the leftovers you put in a casserole, add more green vegetables to kick the flavor up a notch.
Adding vegetables will not only make your casseroles look more pleasing with a variety of colors, but also have more flavor. You can use an assortment of veggies to make the casseroles bolder. Don’t be afraid to experiment to see what works best for you and your family! 👪
6. Smoothies. If you hate the taste of green vegetables, smoothies also give you the option of hiding them amid other flavors. Mix veggies with fruits in your smoothies for a variety of tastes.
Kale, lettuce, spinach, and other green veggies go well with bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and apples. The mixed results will be hard to distinguish, but the taste will be worth it. You can also add a little yogurt or nuts for protein.
Green vegetables have multiple health advantages ranging from fiber to vitamins. If you’re struggling to eat salads, consider using vegetables in new ways. Your health and taste buds will both benefit!
📝About Natural Living by Design
Natural Living by Design Owners 🌱 Supplier🏬 Health & Wellness🍎
Entrepreneurs💻 Leaders📚 Motivational Speakers👩🏽🏫
LaKeisha LaGrande Barbara Woodard Alice Smith
📖Our Story: Living Life Naturally by Design🌱
How many people do you know that have shared a story of health challenges that has changed their quality of life? Well, our family has truly had their share of health challenges, from being active and healthy to bedridden and prescribed a lot of medications. We knew this was not a natural way of living; as a result, we became passionate about using natural products and Natural Living by Design II, was born.
Using natural products on our body and restoring health naturally is our passion and why Natural Living by Design provides quality products that work.
Natural Living by Design II was established in 2019, to help people maintain a healthy, happy lifestyle naturally by providing natural and healthy products that are innovative and will improve one's journey to optimum health.
WHO WE ARE?
We are a certified 3 female family-owned supplier of natural deodorant mist sprays and liquid herbal extract supplements in the City of Detroit.
We believe that maintaining a healthy, happy lifestyle naturally leads to longevity and ultimately living life, naturally by design.
Our mission is twofold:
1) We are committed to providing our customers with great customer service, on time deliveries, the BEST innovative quality natural products that are proven to be a safe alternative and complementary solution to helping people get in the best optimum health possible naturally.
2) We plan to open a factory and create jobs in the city of Detroit. Detroit is one of the cities that lead the nation in poverty, crime, murder, gun violence, and recidivism. We are confident that our quality products will be the catalyst to providing great job opportunities with good wages to the citizens of Detroit so that they can take care of their families with pride and dignity.