Updated: Dec 4, 2021
Strokes are a serious health issue, but early treatment may minimize the effects. Give you and your loved ones the best chance at recovery by learning the basic facts about strokes.
Background Facts About Strokes ⚕️
1. What is a stroke? Strokes are events that interrupt blood flow to the brain. 🧠 Some people make a full recovery, but most survivors experience some degree of disability. Strokes can be caused by a blood clot or when a blood vessel breaks. 💔
2. Understand the prevalence. Anyone can have a stroke. They are the fourth leading cause of death ⚰️in the US. The good news is that 80% of strokes can be prevented.
3. Recognize the symptoms. 🤔The symptoms of a stroke depend on where in the brain they occur and the intensity of the event. Common signs include sudden numbness or loss of movement, especially if it affects only one side of your body. 🧍 Other indicators are mental confusion, 😕headaches or trouble with vision,👓 speaking or balance. ⚖️
4. Know the uncontrollable risk factors. Some factors are beyond our control. These include being past the age of 55 or having a family history of strokes. Men and certain ethnic groups like African Americans, Hispanics, and Asians are also at higher risk. 😮
5. Manage the controllable risks. Fortunately, there’s a lot you can do to lower your risk. A healthy lifestyle 🥗 🏃♀️ will help keep your brain and whole body strong. 💪Certain medical conditions, like diabetes or high blood pressure, also contribute to the likelihood of stroke, so that’s another good reason to manage them correctly.
An old adage says... "prevention is better than a cure" when a healthy lifestyle is implemented, it can reduce your chances of having a stroke. #NaturalLivingbyDesign has a natural herbal liquid supplement brand of Elderberry* in our online store that helps reduce oxidation of LDL cholesterol which is a contributing factor of cardiovascular disease especially heart attacks and strokes. Elderberry also lowers atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) by preventing platelets from forming into blood vessel walls.
Elderberry (aka Sambucus nigra) is available in 1oz or 2oz sizes.
💲hop Now at: www.naturallivingbydesign.com
6. Distinguish between different kinds of strokes. There are two major forms of stroke: An ischemic stroke is related to a blood clot and requires restoring the blood flow. A hemorrhagic stroke indicates bleeding and calls for controlling blood loss. 🩸
7. Find out about mini-strokes. The technical term for mini-strokes is transient ischemic attacks (TIA) where a blood vessel is briefly blocked. Up to half of all strokes occur within two days after a TIA so act promptly💨 if you notice slurred speech or blurry vision.
Preventing and Treating Strokes