Cauliflower often gets a negative rap because it’s associated with broccoli, 🥦and most of the time, kids don’t like it. However, cauliflower is low-calorie, has multiple health benefits, and is easy to add to different recipes. You can even disguise the taste!
Consider these benefits:
1. Lower cancer risk. Research shows that cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower can reduce the risk of cancer.
Cauliflower has several compounds that have shown an ability to make cancer less likely in humans. Don’t miss out on this vital health benefit!
2. Potassium. Bananas🍌 tend to get most of the attention for their potassium levels, but cauliflower is also a great source of this mineral. Cauliflower has a high amount of natural potassium that can benefit your body. It is estimated that a cup of raw cauliflower can have 320 mg. of potassium.
Potassium is important because it helps to help regulate your blood pressure and other body systems.
3. Vitamin C. Oranges 🍊 aren’t the only food source of vitamin C. Even though cauliflower is white, it still has high amounts of this vitamin. That same cup of raw cauliflower has an estimated 52 mg. of vitamin C.
Vitamin C boosts your immune system and fights free radical damage inside of your cells.
4. Glucosinolates. These compounds are found in cauliflower and may be responsible for its ability to fight cancer. The compounds have sulfur in them and affect the body’s detoxification system.
5. Other health benefits. Cauliflower also has fiber, vitamin K, and vitamin B.
6. Diet benefits. If you’re trying to lose weight, cauliflower can be a blessing. It’s a versatile vegetable that isn’t starchy. It can help you lose weight and feel full at the same time.
Cauliflower doesn’t have many calories, so you can eat it without worrying about your weight loss plans.
You can modify many comfort food dishes to use cauliflower instead of potatoes or other higher-calorie items. One of the easiest diet changes is to switch to cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes. You’ll still get a mushy, comforting plate of white fluff, but it’ll be healthier.
Another good diet modification is to make cauliflower rice instead of regular brown or white rice. You’ll get more fiber and fewer carbohydrates. You’ll also be able to trick your eyes into thinking you’re eating white rice.
If You Need to Change the Taste
If you struggle with the taste of cauliflower, then it may be the sulfur compounds that are to blame. However, you can change the taste of this white veggie.
Try these techniques:
Use a sauté recipe and hide the taste with onions or garlic. Thyme and rosemary are also good options.
Pepper and salt are classic ways to boost the flavor.
Another option is to use dairy products such as low-calorie cheese or sour cream in your recipe to mask the cauliflower taste.
Roasting or grilling cauliflower can make it sweeter.
Cauliflower can provide you with a multitude of health benefits. It’s easy to cook and use in the kitchen, and it’s inexpensive, so you can feel free to experiment with it. Put cauliflower on your grocery list today and you can start reaping the benefits tomorrow.
You may have heard that for every prescription drug written, there is an herbal supplement that has the same properties without the side effects. We have several products which has the potential to help fight cancer causing cells such as Cat's Claw (aka Una De Gato) Saw Palmetto, Olive Leaf and Moringa.
Moringa has a host of medicinal benefits for our bodies and safe to use on a daily basis. Why not reserve your bottle of Moringa today. You'll be glad you did!
Moringa Liquid Extract Available in 1oz or 2oz Size.
💲hop Now www.naturallivingbydesign.com
📝About Natural Living by Design
Natural Living by Design Owners 🌱 Supplier🏬 Health & Wellness🍎
Entrepreneurs💻 Leaders📚 Motivational Speakers👩🏽🏫
LaKeisha LaGrande Barbara Woodard Alice Smith
📖Our Story: Living Life Naturally by Design🌱
How many people do you know that have shared a story of health challenges that has changed their quality of life? Well, our family has truly had their share of health challenges, from being active and healthy to bedridden and prescribed a lot of medications. We knew this was not a natural way of living; as a result, we became passionate about using natural products and Natural Living by Design II, was born.
Using natural products on our body and restoring health naturally is our passion and why Natural Living by Design provides quality products that work.
Natural Living by Design II was established in 2019, to help people maintain a healthy, happy lifestyle naturally by providing natural and healthy products that are innovative and will improve one's journey to optimum health.
WHO WE ARE?
We are a certified 3 female family-owned supplier of natural deodorant mist sprays and liquid herbal extract supplements in the City of Detroit.
We believe that maintaining a healthy, happy lifestyle naturally leads to longevity and ultimately living life, naturally by design.
Our mission is twofold:
1) We are committed to providing our customers with great customer service, on time deliveries, the BEST innovative quality natural products that are proven to be a safe alternative and complementary solution to helping people get in the best optimum health possible naturally.
2) We plan to open a factory and create jobs in the city of Detroit. Detroit is one of the cities that lead the nation in poverty, crime, murder, gun violence, and recidivism. We are confident that our quality products will be the catalyst to providing great job opportunities with good wages to the citizens of Detroit so that they can take care of their families with pride and dignity.