The holidays are a special time for all, and you should take the time to indulge yourself. However, at the same time you should keep your health in mind because it's easy to be tempted into going overboard.
It all starts with Halloween and all the extra treats that are lingering in your candy bowl. Then we're lead into Thanksgiving, where the average person will ingest over 3 times the number of calories that they should be eating, or even more.
Then the winter holidays come along. Family togetherness usually equals lots of snacking and appetizers and big meals. Also, don't forget all the baked treats! Can you eat all of these things? The answer is yes, but in moderation.
Follow these tips to help you stay in control of your fork:
1. Go in with a Plan. Before you put yourself into temptation, tell yourself how much you're allowed to eat. In the weeks following Halloween, save yourself 10 pieces of candy to eat. Give the rest away to coworkers and neighbors. For Thanksgiving and other family holidays, allow yourself to indulge on one item such as the appetizers or the dessert - not both. 😮
2. Don't Be Too Strict. While you may be tempted to be tough on yourself during other times of the year, the holidays are a time you should allow for some relaxation from the strict behavior. Don't try to get through entire evenings without enjoying any of the food. The starvation diet only works for so long until you fail and over-consume. Work on your moderation skills instead.
3. Don't Punish Yourself. Everyone makes mistakes. If you do slip up and overeat one day, in the long run it won't make much of a difference. Just tell yourself that you'll try harder next time. Don't be tempted to just give up and continue the poor eating decisions. It's when you have many bad days in a row that you can ruin a good diet plan.
4. Watch the Alcohol Intake. It's true; alcohol 🍺usually flows freely at holiday events. You can indulge yourself here as well. While you may be able to get away with having a few drinks spread out over the evening, remember that the calories add up. Consider alternating between alcoholic drinks and pure, refreshing water.
5. Wear Tight Fitting Clothes. If you have some issues controlling your holiday behaviors, consider wearing some tight fitting clothes. Don't make yourself too uncomfortable, but at the same time you'll want to feel the reminder if you begin to eat too much. 😋
6. Plan Healthy Meals. 🍽️ If you're hosting any of the holiday events, consider going with some healthier alternatives to some popular meals. Healthy doesn't always mean bland or unappealing. Get creative and try some new recipes.
7. Remember to Take Breaks. During a long evening with family and friends, sometimes you'll lose track of your eating habits. Make it a point to take breaks where you know there isn't a plate or a drink in your hand. Concentrate on the conversations you're having instead.
8. Eat Before You Go. If you're off to a holiday event at someone else's house, 🏡eat something healthy before you leave. This is especially important if you know you'll be tempted by all the unhealthy treats that'll be available. If you aren't particularly hungry when you show up, you won't feel such an urge to begin eating.
Just remember to have a good time! If you're bummed about not getting to eat everything that you want, concentrate on all the other aspects of the holidays. There are many other fun activities to engage in that don't involve eating!
📝About Natural Living by Design
Natural Living by Design Owners 🌱 Supplier🏬 Health & Wellness🍎
Entrepreneurs💻 Leaders📚 Motivational Speakers👩🏽🏫
LaKeisha LaGrande Barbara Woodard Alice Smith
📖Our Story: Living Life Naturally by Design🌱
How many people do you know that have shared a story of health challenges that has changed their quality of life? Well, our family has truly had their share of health challenges, from being active and healthy to bedridden and prescribed a lot of medications. We knew this was not a natural way of living; as a result, we became passionate about using natural products and Natural Living by Design II, was born.
Using natural products on our body and restoring health naturally is our passion and why Natural Living by Design provides quality products that work.
Natural Living by Design II was established in 2019, to help people maintain a healthy, happy lifestyle naturally by providing natural and healthy products that are innovative and will improve one's journey to optimum health.
WHO WE ARE?
We are a certified 3 female family-owned supplier of natural deodorant mist sprays and liquid herbal extract supplements in the City of Detroit.
We believe that maintaining a healthy, happy lifestyle naturally leads to longevity and ultimately living life, naturally by design.
Our mission is twofold:
1) We are committed to providing our customers with great customer service, on time deliveries, the BEST innovative quality natural products that are proven to be a safe alternative and complementary solution to helping people get in the best optimum health possible naturally.
2) We plan to open a factory and create jobs in the city of Detroit. Detroit is one of the cities that lead the nation in poverty, crime, murder, gun violence, and recidivism. We are confident that our quality products will be the catalyst to providing great job opportunities with good wages to the citizens of Detroit so that they can take care of their families with pride and dignity.