After a breakup it might be tempting to drown your sorrows😭 in Rocky Road or spend your evenings Facebook-stalking your former sweetheart.💖 Fortunately, there are alternatives for easing your loneliness that do less damage to your waistline and self-esteem.
The time you spend on your own can prepare you to move on. Try these ideas to speed 💨up your recovery and ease your heartbreak.💔
There’s a big difference between being alone and being lonely. Still, social support and interactions are essential to your mental and physical health. Here’s how to stay connected when you find yourself uncoupled.
1. Talk it over. Your friends and family 👨👩👦can give you the comfort and encouragement you need. Ask for what you want whether it’s a hug while you cry or a sounding board as you figure out what to do next.
2. Check your contacts. 📗 Fill up any empty hours by reaching out to old friends and colleagues. Invite a former coworker out to lunch. 🍽️
3. Volunteer your services. Participating in a charity softball 🥎 game or fundraising drive is a great way to extend your network and shift your attention away from your ex. As a bonus, focusing on others will help you to feel happier and more satisfied.
4. Pursue common interests. Find new places to hang out. Join a Meetup group or go to a concert 🎼 where you’ll be surrounded by others who share your love for science fiction or French cooking.
5. Reach out. Challenge yourself to connect with others. Chat with the waitress at a coffee ☕ shop. Tell your neighbor that his lawn looks beautiful.
Changing Your Thinking🤔
It’s great to have friends and family on your side, but you also need to look at your relationship with yourself. Adjusting your perceptions protects you from loneliness regardless of what’s going on in your love life.
1. Accept your feelings. You’ll probably experience some uncomfortable emotions like anger😡 or jealousy. Facing up to the truth enables you to learn and grow.
2. Write it out. ✍️ If your feelings are intense and conflicted, it may help to keep a journal. Notice any obstacles that tend to keep you isolated. Maybe you feel embarrassed about being single or you’re avoiding mutual friends because you don’t want to run into your ex.
3. Look for inspiration. Heartbreak is a common condition. Listen to songs 🎶 that remind you that you are not alone. Pick out role models who have built a happier life after a relationship ended.
4. Stay active.🚴♂️ Fight the blues by working out or admiring the beauty of nature. 🌳 Even running errands or pulling weeds can distract you from memories that are a little too sensitive right now. Give yourself bonus points for trying something new. 🪂
5. Laugh and play.🤣 It’s easier to attract others when you’re radiating joy and energy. Participate in activities you love and look for opportunities to brighten someone else’s day. Force yourself to smile and soon it will become automatic.
6. Live in the moment. Keep in mind that your situation is temporary. Take it one day at a time instead of dwelling on the past or projecting into the future.
7. Pray about it. 🙏Your spiritual faith and community can be a source of strength. Contemplate your purpose and what kind relationship you are seeking.
It’s natural to struggle with loneliness after a romantic relationship ends. Look for practical ways to reconnect, and treat yourself with kindness and compassion. Dealing with loneliness constructively will help you to heal and find the new love you deserve.
📝About Natural Living by Design
Natural Living by Design Owners 🌱 Supplier🏬 Health & Wellness🍎
Entrepreneurs💻 Leaders📚 Motivational Speakers👩🏽🏫
LaKeisha LaGrande Barbara Woodard Alice Smith
📖Our Story: Living Life Naturally by Design🌱
How many people do you know that have shared a story of health challenges that has changed their quality of life? Well, our family has truly had their share of health challenges, from being active and healthy to bedridden and prescribed a lot of medications. We knew this was not a natural way of living; as a result, we became passionate about using natural products and Natural Living by Design II, was born.
Using natural products on our body and restoring health naturally is our passion and why Natural Living by Design provides quality products that work.
Natural Living by Design II was established in 2019, to help people maintain a healthy, happy lifestyle naturally by providing natural and healthy products that are innovative and will improve one's journey to optimum health.
WHO WE ARE?
We are a certified 3 female family-owned supplier of natural deodorant mist sprays and liquid herbal extract supplements in the City of Detroit.
We believe that maintaining a healthy, happy lifestyle naturally leads to longevity and ultimately living life, naturally by design.
Our mission is twofold:
1) We are committed to providing our customers with great customer service, on time deliveries, the BEST innovative quality natural products that are proven to be a safe alternative and complementary solution to helping people get in the best optimum health possible naturally.
2) We plan to open a factory and create jobs in the city of Detroit. Detroit is one of the cities that lead the nation in poverty, crime, murder, gun violence, and recidivism. We are confident that our quality products will be the catalyst to providing great job opportunities with good wages to the citizens of Detroit so that they can take care of their families with pride and dignity.